Advance IT | Full-time | Birmingham, UKPHP CSS HTML Linux MySQL Developer OOP Symfony PHP Devloper Source Control (git/svn) MVC/Symfony Experience in web design Ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative Healthy work ethic and approach
About the Role:
We are a privately owned UK business of 20 years that has grown to provide technology all over the world in a wide variety of sectors - from start-up’s to multi-nationals. In house we specify, design, develop, test and support the software we create. We have a mix of new products and existing which we constantly enhance and modernise. There’s a culture in the business to nurture any new ideas.
Reporting to technical management, successful candidates will be expanding the company's own product lines and working on key client development. We welcome fresh ideas and input to our software - our aim being to create more products and grow the team giving career opportunities to dynamic employees. We can select the work that best suits your skills whilst allowing you to grow and build experience thanks to the diversity of both our own and our customer’s software systems, products, websites and Apps.
- Previous experience of PHP in a real world environment
- Source Control (git/svn)
- Familiarity in a Linux environment
- Ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative
- Healthy work ethic and approach
- MVC framework, preferably Symfony
- Experience in web design, HTML, CSS
- Web application security
- Working experience outside of the standard LAMP stack is also beneficial e.g. Redis or Mobile technologies
- Work with an established software company who have great staff in every department
- Spacious, modern working environment in our own offices
- Great location - plenty of amenities but not rammed with traffic
- Our own parking and plenty of additional right by the office
- Local railway station down the road (London Midland Worcester-Stourbridge-Birmingham line)
- Nights out on us
- Our spacious offices are located 2 minutes from Old Hill station, which is less than 25 minutes by rail from New Street Station. There are excellent parking facilities and the office is just 10 minutes from Junction 2 & 3 of the M5.
- Getting to the office is easy enough, and once here, you have a pleasant working environment within good reach of local amenities with pubs, various diverse food outlets, shopping locations and three town centres within five minutes.
- We also have big plans for our offices to grow, creating further space, facilities and relaxation/ flexible working opportunities.
Please apply via email, with CV by clicking on the link below:
Q: Why do programmers always mix up Halloween and Christmas?
A: Because Oct 31 == Dec 25!
very long pause….
Q: How many programmers does it take to change a light bulb?
A: None, that's a hardware problem!
A man flying in a hot air balloon suddenly realizes he’s lost. He reduces height and spots a man down below. He lowers the balloon further and shouts to get directions, "Excuse me, can you tell me where I am?"
The man below says: "Yes. You're in a hot air balloon, hovering 30 feet above this field."
"You must work in Information Technology," says the balloonist.
"I do" replies the man. "How did you know?"
"Well," says the balloonist, "everything you have told me is technically correct, but It's of no use to anyone."
The man below replies, "You must work in management."
"I do," replies the balloonist, *"But how'd you know?"**
"Well", says the man, "you don’t know where you are or where you’re going, but you expect me to be able to help. You’re in the same position you were before we met, but now it’s my fault."